Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup. Scarf some now, stock your freezer for later, or feel free to halve the recipe for a smaller amount of soup. Basically all I have to do with these is throw everything into a crock pot. Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious family recipe that will be a great addition to your family meals.
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is the absolute best comfort food and it is so simple to make in the slow cooker. It doesn't get any easier than this amazing Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. All the ingredients go into the slow cooker and that is really all the work there is! You can have Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare of Main Ingredients.
- It’s 10 oz of Chunky Salsa.
- You need 2 can of Mild Rotel.
- Prepare 1 can of Black Beans.
- Prepare 1 packages of Chicken.
- You need 1 dash of Crushed Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 packages of Taco Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 packages of Tortillas.
- It’s of Extra Misc. Ingredients.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Cheese.
- It’s 1 dash of Sour Cream.
I love loading my tortilla soup up with tortilla chips (duh), avocado, cheese, and occasionally greek yogurt. Feel free to add more salsa to your I just did this in the Instant Pot. It was soo easy and quick! Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup in the is such an easy, healthy, and classic recipe, that you will definitely want to add it to your regular rotation.
Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a steady boil and add seasonings & chicken breast..
- In the mean time, grab a blender and add both cans of Rotel and the can of black beans (drain half the fluid from beans first), and puree the mixture..
- Label a gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag with recipe name, date, and additional cooking directs. (See step 9-10 for cooking details).
- Add pureed mixture and salsa to Ziploc bag and set aside..
- Once chicken is done boiling, remove chicken from pot, and let cool. Save one cup of broth from the pot and discard the rest..
- Shred chicken after it has completely cooled..
- Add chicken, broth, and one cup of water to the Ziploc bag containing pureed mixture..
- Seal bag, removing as much air from bag as possible. Freeze immediately..
- When you are ready to prepare the Tortilla Soup for dinner, please keep in mind that you need to thaw bag in the refrigerator for ATLEAST 4 hours..
- Once thawed, add meal to crock pot and cook on low for 5-7 hours..
- When its almost done cooking, grab tortillas and slice into strips, brush with butter, and bake in the oven at 350 until golden brown..
- Make yourself a bowl of your delicious meal and top with tortilla strips, cheese, & sour cream..
My family loves it during the winter because it is super comforting and with a little kick, it really warms you up! Having healthy recipes makes eating healthy. Easy slow cooker meal Chicken Tortilla Soup. I don't just love cooking in my crock pot during the This recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup will soon become apart of your monthly, maybe even weekly Due to eating some tough frozen corn and valuable freezer real estate, I now only consume corn. Super-easy and delicious, this crock pot chicken tortilla soup is the perfect healthy hearty soup.