Pastalaya Angie Style. I love all jambalayas but alligator just make my family love my cooking even more. For those who never had it. IT TASTE LIKE CHICKEN LMBO Pastalaya Angie Style I much rather pastalaya made this way over in oven or cast iron.
A staple here in south Louisiana. Wonderful one pot meal that is delicious as well as must have for social gatherings here in South Louisiana. This can also be changed up to add your favorite meat besides chicken, like cubed pork or shrimp or even a combo of chicken & pork which is very common. You can cook Pastalaya Angie Style using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pastalaya Angie Style
- It’s 1 of Bell pepper red and green.
- Prepare 2 stick of Celery.
- It’s 1 lb of Copped chicken, pork, and andouille or sausage.
- You need 2 lb of Pasta of choice (cooked and drained).
- Prepare 1 of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Kitchen bouquet.
- It’s 1/2 of All-purpose flour.
Cut the sausage and pork into bite-sized pieces. Cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Pastalaya is a relatively new dish appearing at social gatherings. It's a very close cousin of jambalaya because you use the same ingredients, but substitute some type of pasta for the rice.
Pastalaya Angie Style step by step
- With oil hot it pot fry/brown the flour like making a roux. Only add a little water so it turns into a paste and NOT a stew.
- Add kitchen bouquet and smother peppers, celery, onions, and meats till all is tender and cooked. You may need to keep adding water but don't let it get soupy. Flour is use as a sticking agent.
- Add all spices and pasta.
- Keep mixing till all pasta is well coated.
- I'm sorry but this is more of a eyeball and know recipe when making the roux.
If you struggle with the rice in your jambalaya being too crunchy or mushy, give pastalaya a try. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. This is the best Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe! Your whole family will love this easy dinner. Turkey Pastelón (Sweet Plantain Lasagna) Lasagnas are such a treat.