Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 4 of Chicken Leg Quarters.
- You need 12 cup of Water (just to fill a medium-large pot).
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 10 of Garlic Cloves (ruffly choped).
- It’s of Cabbage (cut into strips) for toping.
- It’s 1 3/4 of Avocado (cut into half slices) for topping.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green Onion (choped or topping).
- You need 1 of Shreded Monetary Jack Cheese.
- You need 12 of Tortillas cut into strips (fried or backed into chips) or store bought tortilla strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour Cream (avocado sour cream sauce).
- Prepare 1 can of El Pato Enchilada Sauce.
- You need 1 can of El Pato Tomato Hot Sauce.
- You need 2 can of Diced Tomatoes With Green Chillies.
- It’s 1 cup of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Salt And Peper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Avocado mashed (avocado sour cream sauce).
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice (avocado sour cream sauce).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder (avocado sour cream sauce).
- You need 1/4 of Onion (finely choped).
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Fill large pot with water and boil leg quarters untill just cooked..
- Remove leg quarters but leave water and remove from heat. Let legs cool..
- While legs cool prep all ingredients that need cutting or mashing..
- Add garlic cloves, 3/4 of onion, oregano powder, chilli powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, all cans and salt and peper to water..
- Take all chicken off bones and dice.
- Add chicken back into soup. Let cook for about 20-30 minutes..
- Make sour avocado sour cream sauce. Mix all ingredients well..
- Put soup in bowl top with cheese, onions, cabbage, avocado sour cream sauce, sliced avocados,tortillas strips and green onion as garnish for color..
- Eat and ENJOY :).
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. A hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!