Chicken tortilla soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts or thighs.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 can of black beans, rinsed.
- You need 1 box of 32 oz chicken broth.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, seeded if you prefer.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of white onion, diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of lime strips or tortilla chips.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams.
Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Mix all ingredients except cheese and tortilla chips into slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-6 on high..
- Top with cheese and lime strips. Delish and super easy to make..
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. A hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!