Chicken tortilla soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare 1 of Large chicken breast cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 of Fresh jalapeno chopped.
- It’s 1 of fresh Anaheim chili chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of 8 ounce can of corn.
- You need 1 of 16 ounce can of cannellini beans. (white kidney beans).
- It’s 1 of 16 ounce can of medium heat enchilada sauce red.
- It’s 1 of 8 ounce can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Chicken bouillon seasoning.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Chopped white onions.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of Extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 bag of of tri-colored tortilla strips.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams.
Chicken tortilla soup step by step
- Coat chopped chicken with salt pepper onion powder and garlic powder..
- Add olive oil to a large skillet. Add the seasoned chicken and fry until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through..
- Add the onion and the peppers to the chicken mixture and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are soft..
- In the meantime combine all remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the cheese and tortila chips to a large stock pot..
- Add chicken mixture to the stock pot, bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes..
- Just before serving add all of the cheese and stir until melted. Garnish each individual bowl with the tortilla chips..
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. A hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!