Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 1 of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of carrot diced.
- It’s 1 of Poblano pepper diced.
- You need 5 of corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 3/4 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil or veg oil.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need of chicken ingredients.
- It’s 6 of chicken tenders.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil or veg oil.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- For the chicken tenders, add all ingredients under chicken ingredients to a zip lock bag and marinade for 20 min minimum..
- Saute chicken in sautee pan on medium high heat. No need to add oil, there is plenty in the marinade. About 4 min the first side and about 3 min the second until golden brown. Let rest for a couple minutes before slicing and dicing to serve over soup as the topping..
- For the soup….Sautee in oil the carrots, poblano pepper and onion on medium high heat about 7 to 10 minutes til translucent..
- When translucent add garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add tomatoe paste and stir until incorporated into veggies. Add salt, pepper and cumin. Stir..
- Add cilantro, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, corn and tortillas. Stir and turn to low medium heat. Cook for 20 min..
- Turn off stove, using a hand blender, blend until desired consistency. I do it half way so there is texture. If you choose a creamier and smoother texture then keep going. You can also use a stand blender mixing in batches..
- You can choose to top with ingriendents such as sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, lime or shredded cheese and of course your chicken! For extra texture garnish with crushed tortilla chips..
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. A hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!