Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Top with shredded monterey jack cheese and garnish w/ tortilla chips.
Simple chicken tortilla soup recipe: A super quick and easy recipe. Especially if you've already got rice lying around. Sauté onion and fat trimmings from chicken thighs in small stock pot with olive oil and a Tbs butter til soft. You can have Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup
- Prepare of Roasted chicken homemade or store bought.
- It’s 64 oz of Homemade or store bought chicken broth.
- You need 2 ears of corn cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 of chayote squash sliced.
- You need 2 of green plantains cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- You need 2 Tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- You need 1 of lime.
Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more. In a serving bowl add a mound of shredded chicken. Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese. Watch how to make this simple chicken tortilla soup with fresh veggies and crunchy tortilla chips.
Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Cook chicken if homemade season with salt and pepper and season with spices in recipe as well..
- In a large stock pot and broth, vegetables, spices and a few sprigs of cilantro, bring to boil reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender..
- Remove chicken from the bone into bite size pieces add in soup..
- Place in bowl add fresh cilantro, avocado and squeeze of lime. Enjoy!!.
Watch as chili powder and salsa give this soup just the right amount of kick, then find out how long to simmer for the most delicious results. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado My guess is that tortilla soup was first invented as a way to use leftover tortillas. Since I don't usually have dry tortillas sitting around, I put my. If you love tacos you'll dig this soup. While the list of ingredients may seem long at first glance, none of them are difficult to find and some are probably already in your spice drawer.