Belizean Rice and Bean. This is a traditional recipe for Belizean rice and beans. It is a staple in my country of Belize. The coconut milk gives it a very original flavor.
Simple enough for everyday fare, beans and rice are the perfect accompaniment to a rainbow of other flavors both sweet and hot, making it the perfect introduction to Belizean cuisine. Wash rice, then add to the beans. Cook over gentle heat until liquid is absorbed. You can have Belizean Rice and Bean using 31 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Belizean Rice and Bean
- You need of Rice and Beans.
- It’s 2 lb of rice (uncooked).
- You need 1 envelope of coconut powder/ coconut cream works fine.
- It’s 2 cup of Red kidney bean (cooked).
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Stew Chicken.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of fresh chicken/ pieces or just a specific part you like.
- Prepare 1 large of yellow onion/white onions work fine too.
- You need 18 grams of malher chicken consume.
- You need 12 grams of onion powder.
- Prepare 12 grams of garlic powder.
- It’s 8 grams of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 piece of red recado.
- Prepare of Mashed potatoes.
- It’s 3 large of potatoes.
- It’s 2 stick of blue bonnet butter.
- You need 3 slice of chrispy cooked bacon.
- Prepare 125 ml of half cream.
- Prepare 100 ml of skim milk.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of Onion sauce.
- Prepare 1 large of yellow/white onion.
- You need 1 of roasted habanero pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of Fried plantines.
- It’s 2 medium of over ripe plantines.
Stir gently with a fork, and add a little water from time to time until rice is cooked. Serve hot with a meat dish. (Some favorite meat dishes with rice and beans are: stuffed baked chicken, stew chicken, stew fish, fried fish or meat balls). Prepare Home Cooked Stew Chicken with Rice & Beans with our Belize Recipe! This Belizean combination is without a doubt the most abundant meal in Belize.
Belizean Rice and Bean step by step
- Add red kidney beans to your rice, then you add your envelope of coconut powder, make sure your kidney beans have a little bit of stock. Add the salt and black pepper. then you put your fingers to the surface of your rice add water until the water has reached halfway to the palm of your hands, add your vegetable oil.. let cook for about 30 minutes when the water has dried up bring down the heat, don't forget to stir rice while cooking and after it has been dried…
- cut and clean your chicken, wash it with a little bit of vinegar and water or you can also use lemon or lime.. you add the chicken consomme, the garlic powder onion powder then the dissolved Recardo in 1 cup of water, add the soy sauce, you cook your onion in very tiny pieces and add to your chicken , mix then let sit for 1 hour in your refrigerator. you put a frying pan on the stove.. add half of a cup of vegetable oil you went till it is heated then you fry your chicken, after your chicken has been fried, you add the gravy sitting on your container to the fried chicken and the oil your cover and you let steam.
- wash, peel and cut your potatoes, let it boil in like 2 to 3 cups of water, add your salt and let boil until potatoes are soft. drain your potatoes and add them in a container where you will mash them, add your half cream and butter your bacon , when your mash them all together.. last but not least your add your skimmed milk then you stir all together to all the ingredients have been blended equally.
- peel and dice your onions add boiling water over it so that it can cook, roast or habanero pepper. add the roasted habanero pepper salt and lime juice in one bowl. you can mash the habanero pepper into the salt and lime juice then your drain your onions and add them to your lime salt and habanero pepper mix and stir.
From north to south, east to west and out on the cayes, you won't go anywhere without coming across a plate of Stew Chicken with rice and beans. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium flame. Fluff rice with a fork just before serving. Belizean foods are a remarkable collaboration between peoples, generations, ingredients and cooking styles. Featured Recipe: Belizean Rice and Beans.