Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup. This Chicken Tortilla Soup does not taste like healthy food, even though it is and is packed with veggies. Genius…quick soup plus a great easy way to cook chicken with no fuss. Great recipe for Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup.
So that's the prepared salsa I use.)) A delicious soup for a cold winter night. This is an easy, healthy soup that can be served with a variety of condiments to enhance the flavor. Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more. You can cook Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 of chicken thighs (boneless skinless)= I boil mine.
- It’s 5-6 of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 1 of medium onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 14 oz of can chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of milk (I use Horizon organic 2%).
- Prepare 1 cup of prepared salsa.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can black beans.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can corn.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 tsp of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix.
In a serving bowl add a mound of shredded chicken. Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese. But this chicken tortilla soup recipe that we're sharing today is light, healthy, and packed with tasty veggies and beans. Plus, it has tender shredded chicken in every bite!
Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened..
- Add the flour and stir well. Cooking for 1 more minute..
- Add the broth and the milk..
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and oregano seasoning. ((I make my own salsa. So that's the prepared salsa I use.)) Add salt if needed..
- Add tortilla strips, sour cream and shredded cheese. I use fritos and crush them up in a bag and add garlic powder to them..
This tortilla soup calls for enchilada sauce and it takes the flavor to another level! This Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is a knock-off from the famous soup recipe at Tommy Bahamas. But to me, a Chicken Tortilla soup recipe is chicken broth based that has a few simple ingredients. Thanks to my friend Rachael for giving me this recipe which is supposedly a knock off from the. Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired.