Crock Pot Roast. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. Not to mention, all the tender potatoes. Found this Crock-Pot pot roast recipe on of a website called www.recipegoldmine.com.
My Crock Pot Roast is the best you'll ever taste – a super tender, fall-apart slow cooker pot roast with incredible flavor that's cooked all day in the slow cooker. Utilize one of those hours to roast some vegetables to serve on the side. A fool proof recipe for The Best Crock Pot Roast. You can have Crock Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast
- You need 2-3 pound of Chuck roast.
- Prepare 4-6 of potato, sliced in chunks.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour, plus some for coating roast.
- Prepare 3 of table spoon vegtable oil.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, washed and cut into inch thick pieces.
- Prepare to taste of salt, pepper.
Fall apart tender beef that's been deliciously seasoned, served with carrots and potatoes! The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe that you can make without seasoning packets. Try this easy and delicious Crock Pot roast with veggies that taste amazing! Slow cooker pot roast is made with only five ingredients plus water.
Crock Pot Roast instructions
- Wash potato and carrots and place in bottom of crock pot with onions. Season vegtables with salt and pepper..
- In a large Dutch oven or pan, heat vegtable oil on medium high heat..
- Trim off most fat from your roast. Season roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Coat your roast in flour and Brown all sides of the roast in the vegtable oil. Don't skip this step!! Browning it brings out it's full flavor!.
- After you Brown your roast, place roast in crock pot over vegtables. Make a gravy for your roast by putting 1/4 cup flour in the hot oil & stir with a wisk until oil is soaked up, reduce heat to low & pour in a glass of water and stir with wisk until flour and water is blended. Keep adding flour to thicken up the gravy, and water to thin it. Remember to stir!! Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want your gravy to be Brown you should invest in kitchen bouquet. It is a flavorless liquid that turns gravy Brown..
- You want your gravy to be thin, but not soupy. The heat from the crock pot will thicken it up..
- Pour gravy over roast in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 5-6. Serve over rice..
It's an easy pot roast recipe with onion soup mix and veggies. Crock Pot Onion Soup Beef Pot Roast. Place the red onions on the bottom of the crock pot and top with the roast. Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe – The BEST Crock Pot Pot Roast. How to make a delicious slow cooker pot roast.