Leftover Pot roast Stew. See that little fleck on the red potato in the picture? It's a piece of rosemary, leftover from slow cooking a pot roast. Because I used dried herbs, red wine and aromatics when cooking the chuck roast in my dutch oven, the resulting broth was so flavorful that I didn't want to waste it.
This recipe is from Kalyn's Kitchen blog: http Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper if desired. Adding the leftover pot roast gravy to the stew adds an amazing savory blend that can't be beat. We enjoy serving this stew with homemade rolls or bread. You can have Leftover Pot roast Stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leftover Pot roast Stew
- It’s 1 lb of leftover pot roast.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced bell pepper.
- You need 2 of sliced leeks.
- It’s 5 of yukon gold potatos peeled.
- It’s 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix.
- Prepare 1 can of green beans or peas.
- It’s 3 cup of water/ adjust as desired.
We love this delicious Leftover Crockpot Roast Beef Stew — and the great thing about it is you cook it in the slow cooker! Leftover Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast Enchiladas – these leftover Mexican style crock pot chuck roast enchiladas tastes AMAZING!!! · This one pot stew uses up all your roast dinner leftovers in one go and has a great honey mustard tang, from BBC Good Food. This is a very good Brunswick stew made with last night's leftover pot roast. Southern style BBQ sauce works best.
Leftover Pot roast Stew step by step
- saute vegetables in olive oil until tender.
- add water and dry onion envelope.
- bring to boil, then add cut potatoes, and leftover pot roast.
- reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are done.(approximately 30 minutes ).
- add green beans or peas 10 minutes before serving.
Don't use honey BBQ or other really sweet sauces because they make the stew too sweet. Ever had leftover pot roast but not quite enough for another complete meal, add a couple ingredients to make a hearty stew. I used what was left over from the cooking light basic pot roast recipe. Roast Beef & Vegetable Soup using leftover beef roast can be made entirely from scratch or in this case, from pot roast made days earlier. When adding raw stew meat, be sure to brown the meat in a skillet before adding it to the soup.