Pot Roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe. The meat has wonderful marbling that helps it get tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious after cooking. You can have Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 3 lb of chuck roast.
- Prepare 1 large of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 large of potatoes (largely chopped).
- Prepare 1 packages of McCormick brown gravy mix (mixed w/ 1 cup water).
- You need 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 packages of McCormick Bag 'n Season® Pot Roast mix w/ 1 cup water (discard bag).
- It’s 1 packages of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 packages of baby carrots.
Looking for recipes for pot roasts? Taste of Home has the best pot roast recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.
Pot Roast instructions
- Add all ingredients to crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with gravy.
Pot roast is a classic comfort food and the ultimate way to feed a crowd. Simply add all the ingredients to a slow cooker or Crock Pot, and you'll have dinner ready when you get home from work. Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper.