Pot Roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe. The meat has wonderful marbling that helps it get tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious after cooking. You can have Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 2 1/4 lb of roast.
- Prepare 4 medium of carrots.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 packages of mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 6 of petite red potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red pepper.
Looking for recipes for pot roasts? Taste of Home has the best pot roast recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.
Pot Roast step by step
- Chop vegetables into bite sized chucks.
- Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic salt and red pepper and place meat on top of veggies.
- Add two cans of broth to pot. I used chicken broth because it's what I had on hand, but feel welcome to use what you have..
- Add in smashed garlic. I didn't mince mine, but smashed it with a knife to release to juices and added it whole to the pot.
- Set temp to what you prefer. I placed mine at 6 hours.
Pot roast is a classic comfort food and the ultimate way to feed a crowd. Simply add all the ingredients to a slow cooker or Crock Pot, and you'll have dinner ready when you get home from work. Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper.