pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe. The meat has wonderful marbling that helps it get tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious after cooking. You can have pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes
- Prepare 4 lb of beef roast.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 bag of of carrots.
- You need 1 packages of whole mushrooms.
- It’s 6 small of corn on cobb.
- It’s 1 bag of idaho potatoes.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks..
- Prepare 2 packages of brown gravy mix.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of tonys seasoning.
- It’s 1 of salt &pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic & onion powder.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of water.
Looking for recipes for pot roasts? Taste of Home has the best pot roast recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.
pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes step by step
- season roast with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and tonys. I recommend Worcester sauce too. set aside..
- take the oil and about a teaspoon of each seasoning in the oil mix well. in a big bowl add all vegtables, except potatoes. mix oil mixture all over vegtables mix well with your hands..
- cut the onion in quarters. cut celery in half. in a big pot throw all vegtables together and put roast over them. arrange some vegetables on side. put onion and celery on top cover tightly with foil. put in refrigerator for a hour.( I recommend it be refrigerated over night. ).
- heat oven to 325 and while oven heats pull roast out refrigerator. heat up butter in a pan medium heat. cover roast with flour and brown for about two minutes on both sides. this is what helps set a good gravy..
- when its all browned put back in the pot with the vegtables add the dry seasoning packages on top of roast and vegtables, add 2 1/2 cups of hot water kinda mix in the clumps but they will cook out. cover tightly and cook 30 minutes at 325..
- after 30 minutes, drop down to 300 and cook for 5 and 1/2 hours..
- while that's cooking start a big pot of water boiling. cut, clean and add potatoes to pot. and boil about thirty minutes or until potatoes are soft. drain potatoes smush, add butter, salt, and pepper to your liking. and enjoy.
Pot roast is a classic comfort food and the ultimate way to feed a crowd. Simply add all the ingredients to a slow cooker or Crock Pot, and you'll have dinner ready when you get home from work. Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper.