Venison pot roast. Then there was the guess work of when to add the veggies. Combine the first three ingredients; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in oil.
Put roast in a small roasting pan with some onion under roast and some around it. This delicious simple venison pot roast with tomatoes, garlic and onion recipe is for the slow cooker and is bursting with flavor. Your new favorite venison pot roast recipe is not only delicious, but it's simple and takes little time. You can cook Venison pot roast using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Venison pot roast
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of 10 1/2 oz. condensed french onion soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 large of potato,cut into.1' cubes.
- Prepare 4 of carrots,cut into 2' pieces.
- It’s 2 of celery,cut into 2".pieces.
- Prepare 3 lb of venison.
I love to cook but with my busy schedule, sometimes it's just easier to go out and grab a meal from the. Check out our favorite venison roast Crock Pot recipes for juicy, meaty meals. These recipes make it super convenient to cook up a delicious venison roast or venison stew in the Crock-Pot or slow. You will want to do this only with a young deer or antelope, preferably a doe or yearling.
Venison pot roast instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large ziploc bag and combine first 5 ing. Add meat and shake to coat well..
- In large pot brown meat and both sides in oil. Add spice mix leftovers to pot and add soup,broth and bay leaves..
- Heat to a boil and remove from heat. Cover and bake in baking dish 1 1/2 hour.
- Add veggies and re cover and bake another 1 1/2 hour. Remove bay leaf and serve..
When the venison goes into the oven, set a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. Here is a recipe for all you hunters or wives of hunters! Submitted by reader Kari M. is this fantastic recipe for Venison pot roast cooked right in your slow cooker! Share: Rate this Recipe Roll the meat in seasoned flour and brown in a heavy iron pot. Add water and bay leaf and cover tightly, simmering over low heat until meat is tender, from.