Yankee Pot Roast. While this traditional pot roast bakes with carrot, onion, and potato it creates a rich, thick broth that you'll want to spoon over mashed. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. This Yankee pot roast is a beef roast that's been braised to meltingly tender perfection, seasoned with bacon, and served with potatoes and vegetables.
It's been a favorite with my family for many years. —Vera Burke, West Pittston, Pennsylvania. Warm yourself up with a Woodson & James Angus beef Yankee pot roast. Grandma's ultratender Yankee Pot Roast spiked with hot sauce is for one of those moods when you feel deeply deserving of a good meal. You can have Yankee Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yankee Pot Roast
- It’s 1 of 3+ lb. Chuck Roast.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion, large dice.
- You need 3 of stalks Celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of can Beef Broth.
- It’s 2 of cups Water with 2 beef bullion cubes.
- It’s 1 of pk. mini Carrots.
- You need 5 of Red Potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 3 of stalk Celery, in 2" cuts.
- It’s 1 of Spices.
- It’s 1/3 of cup flour, mixed in 1/2 cup water.
Plus: More Beef Recipes and Tips. Yankee Pot Roast – A classic New England recipe – this pot roast with First, a great collection of classic recipes (like today's Yankee Pot Roast recipe), a willingness to experiment in the kitchen. Yankee pot roast is a favorite of mine on a cold winter day. Yankee pot roast is not only delicious Whether the name Yankee pot roast is a nod to the dish's regional origins in America or (as some.
Yankee Pot Roast instructions
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Fry in large pan, both sides, till browned..
- In Crock Pot, add onion and sliced celery. Add meat. Add liquid ingredients..
- Add 1 Tsp. each: Thyme, Italian seasoning, Pepper, Garlic..
- Cover and cook on high 2 hrs..
- Add rest of vegetables and cook for 3 hrs..
- Remove meat to plate, keep warm..
- Add flour slurry to crock pot and cook on high 20 mins..
- Serve meat with gravy and vegs..
For many a New Englander, there's nothing more comforting than a rich and flaky pot roast served with mash potatoes and carrots. A Yankee Pot Roast is usually made with root vegetables, potatoes and sometimes tomatoes for extra flavor. You can also add celery and other veggies that you may like, for example, mushrooms. Yankee Pot Roast Recipe is a very tender and delicious Dutch Oven Pot Roast recipe. This pot roast recipes, comments, and photo were shared with me by Todd Gilmore of Boston, MA.