Quick Shepherd's Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is great with leftover homemade mashed potatoes, but it's tasty with ready-made mashed potatoes from the grocery store, too —Jennifer Early, East Lansing. Get Jacquie's top-rated recipe for Shepherd's Pie VI @ http In this video, you'll see how to make a top-rated Shepherd's Pie.
Reviews for: Photos of Quick Shepherd's Pie. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. You can cook Quick Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Shepherd's Pie
- You need 3 of Potatoes (big).
- You need 500 grams of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 100 grams of Peas.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes (medium).
- It’s 3 of sliced cheese.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 6 of Garlic Cloves (diced).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 6 of Pepper Cloves (diced).
- It’s 50 of Butter.
Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Quick Shepherd's Pie: This easy Shepherd's pie is versatile and quick to make. You can use any combination of veggies. Shepherd's Pie is a traditional Irish dish made with ground lamb cooked with peas and carrots and topped with a mashed potato crust.
Quick Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling).
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt).
- Boil peas.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas..
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside..
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours).
- Mash the potatoes with some butter.
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter.
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices..
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown..
Easy and tasty, all year round!.with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. The secret to this shepherd's pie's filling is to choose big carrots so they don't lose their texture when cooked. Quick Shepherd's Pie recipe: Try this Quick Shepherd's Pie recipe, or contribute your own.