Pot Roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe. The meat has wonderful marbling that helps it get tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious after cooking. You can cook Pot Roast using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- Prepare 1-1/2 lbs of pot roast.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of med potatoes diced.
- You need 1 of celery stalk diced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper diced.
- It’s 4 of garlic clove minced.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 2 of carrots diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves (optional).
Looking for recipes for pot roasts? Taste of Home has the best pot roast recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.
Pot Roast step by step
- Drizzle half of olive oil into baking pan. Dice all vegetables and set aside. Mix the remaining olive oil with half the salt& pepper and rub into pot roast thoroughly..
- Place diced vegetables inside oiled baking pan and add the cup of wine.
- Place pot roast on top of vegetables add salt & pepper to taste and roast at 350* for 45 to 50 min. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 min and serve. Enjoy.
Pot roast is a classic comfort food and the ultimate way to feed a crowd. Simply add all the ingredients to a slow cooker or Crock Pot, and you'll have dinner ready when you get home from work. Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper.