Simple, Easy, Delicious Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken. Keep it simple with this easy recipe for the best roast chicken flavored with garlic and lemon and roasted to perfection. As simple as a roast chicken is to prepare, there are some definite do's and don'ts when it comes to poultry perfection: DO dry off the skin of the chicken as thoroughly as possible. This roast chicken recipe eliminates one of the most common complaints about whole roast Nothing is as perfect, iconic, and delicious as a beautifully-browned roast chicken surrounded by a Transfer chicken breast side up to a large oven-safe skillet.
Served with a simple side salad, it makes the very best family dinners. How long to roast a chicken. For dinner tonight, try Ina Garten's Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. You can have Simple, Easy, Delicious Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple, Easy, Delicious Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken
- Prepare 4 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces, patted dry.
- It’s 2.5-3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic, grated or 2 teaspoons garlic powder (not garlic salt).
- Prepare of zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s of juice of 1 lemon (about 2 to 2.5 Tablespoons).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of dried herbs of choice (I like any combo of parsley, thyme, rosemary) or 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel.
Simple, Easy, Delicious Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a large mixing bowl with your hands (it's difficult to ensure that each piece is thoroughly and evenly seasoned if you don't get in there and do it by feel), and make sure each individual piece of chicken is coated in the seasoning. Marinate for at least an hour and up to 4 or 5 hours in the refrigerator before roasting..
- 45 mins before roasting, take chicken out of the refrigerator and place in a single layer, skin side up, on a broiler pan or other large high oven temp safe vessel, giving each piece of chicken at least a 1/2-inch clearance on each side, and let it come up in temperature before cooking. For best results, place your chicken on a rack that allows for drainage. The more dry heat that reaches the surface of each piece of chicken, the better the sear, the crispier the skin, and the juicier the meat..
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C..
- Roast chicken for 45 to 50 minutes depending on the size of the pieces. That's it!.
- Enjoy! :).
If you would to further support and help us. It doesn't get much easier than these savory Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken Drumsticks. They are packed with flavor and fall off the bone tender and juicy. So I've been trying to constantly come up with new ways to serve this favorite meat. Our latest favorite is this Roasted Lemon Chicken.