Lemon Pepper Roast Chicken.
You can cook Lemon Pepper Roast Chicken using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Pepper Roast Chicken
- It’s 1 of whole roasting chicken.
- Prepare 1 of lemon (just the zest).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of pepper.
- You need 3 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 bunch of sage leaves.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of dry white wine.
Lemon Pepper Roast Chicken step by step
- First, prepare the rub and vegetables. Combine the salt, pepper, and lemon zest in a small bowl and work with you fingers to combine (mixture will be slightly moist). Rough chop your vegetables. Set all these materials within easy reach..
- Remove the chicken giblets from the chicken and discard (or save if using later). Rinse and pat dry..
- Rub down the entire chicken (inside and out) with the lemon-pepper rub. Stuff cavity with some of the vegetables and sage..
- Place chicken on a rack (I actually just use a mini cookie cooling rack placed inside a baking dish) and stick remaining vegetables and sage around the chicken..
- Pop the prepped chicken in the fridge for a few hours to dry out the skin. You can do this up to 24 hours ahead of time (or skip if you’re in a rush)..
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Add about a cup of white wine to the bottom of your pan, so that the liquid is just below the chicken (or a little more, if your pan is huge). You can use water if you don’t have wine. Roast the chicken for 10-15 mins at 450 F. This will give a nice crispy skin..
- Turn oven down to 350 F and roast for an additional 20 mins per pound..
- Take chicken out of oven and allow to sit for 20 mins or so before carving. Save the drippings for gravy!.