Pork Shepherd Pie (with Italian flair). Great recipe for Pork Shepherd Pie (with Italian flair). Of all the shepherd's pie recipes I've tried through the years, this version is my favorite. Although I live alone, I enjoy cooking and baking for friends and Spoon over pork layer.
As if shepherd's pie wasn't already delicious enough, this barbecue spin is the perfect twist to the classic dish. This healthy recipe uses a paleo-compliant barbecue sauce, as well as unsweetened plain almond milk, to. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. You can have Pork Shepherd Pie (with Italian flair) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Shepherd Pie (with Italian flair)
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced or chopped.
- It’s 1 pinch of Italian seasoning.
- You need 29 oz of jar of mixed veggies.
- It’s 2 envelope of mashed potatoes (i used Idahoan baby reds).
- Prepare 8 oz of grated cheese (i used Italian blend).
This Skillet Shepherd's Pie recipe, also known as cottage pie, is loaded with flavorful beef and veggies and topped with fluffy and creamy mashed potatoes. Updated Shepherd's Pie – This version of a traditional shepherd's pie is made with better-for-you ingredients. Complete with extra-lean ground..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Pork Shepherd Pie (with Italian flair) instructions
- Preheat oven to 300°F..
- Cook onion and pork and Italian seasoning on med heat until onions are soft and pork is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain..
- Drain mixed veggies and add to meat mixture. Cook on med heat until veggies are hot..
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to directions on package..
- Pour meat mixture into round casserole pan, or square, as you desire..
- Put mashed potatoes in and spread and level them out..
- Sprinkle Italian style shredded cheese on top..
- Cook at 300°F in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and become golden brown..
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Simply put, Shepherd's Pie or Cottage Pie is a meat pie with a topping using potatoes, usually mashed. The recipe has lots of variations, but There is a gravy sauce added to the meat (like tomato sauce) as well as onions and other vegetables. It is topped with mashed potatoes and usually, a.