Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn. Vigorously slide pot back and forth over burner until popcorn begins to pop. Homemade popcorn with garlic, parmesan and a little smoked paprika. Garlic Parmesan Popcorn, made on the stovetop the old fashioned way, is incredibly addicting.
Popcorn can be enjoyed in a savory way. Try this simple to make popcorn recipe. I came up with this recipe one night when I was craving a salty snack. You can have Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn
- Prepare of Garlic Butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Quality Salted Butter [like Tilamook].
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Table Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Olive Oil [very small dash].
- Prepare of Popcorn.
- Prepare 1 cup of Uncooked Popcorn Kernels [or, 2 bags microwave popcorn].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Cheese & Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Quality Powdered Parmesan Cheese [or, as desired].
- It’s of Powdered Popcorn Salt [optional].
- Prepare of Equipment.
- You need 1 of Ziplock Bag.
- Prepare 1 large of Pot With Tight Fitting Lid.
It's a great change from ordinary salted popcorn.—Rita Scarborough, Barrington, New Jersey. Buttery popcorn with garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese. This popcorn is perfect for movie night, game day, or everyday snacking. This post may contain affiliate links.
Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn step by step
- In a Ziplock Bag, heat your garlic butter and ingredients listed in that section. Leave bag unzipped and watch bag very closely while in the microwave. The bag WILL melt. Just heat butter enough to melt it..
- Once melted, zip up bag, lightly massage butter and let sit on the counter for a few minutes to allow the garlic to infuse into the butter..
- Heat the oil and garlic powder on high heat in a large pot with lid. Add raw corn kernels, mix and place lid on top. Cook / shake vigorously for 1 minute +. Or, until all kernels are fully popped but, not burnt. If using microwavable bags, cook to manufactures specifications. But, watch, listen and smell closely. Microwavable popcorn burns VERY easily..
- Massage garlic butter bag again and snip a [very slight] opening in the corner of the bag. Just big enough that any minced garlic can freely exit it and the butter sauce only drizzles..
- Evenly drizzle garlic butter over popcorn and sprinkle powdered parmesean cheese over the damp surfaces. You don't want your popcorn saturated. Just lightly coated. I use a high quality, lightly powdered Parmesan from our local pizzeria. Salt with a fine popcorn salt [like McDonald's salt] if desired as well. Mix up popcorn. Repeat again, then, as you desire..
- Unless you own a very fine cheese grader – like Olive Garden uses -don't use fresh grated parmesean. It'll only fall to the bottom of your bowl and you won't taste it at all. Sprinkled Rosemary goes well with this recipe as well. Enjoy!.
Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. And this recipe for garlic parmesan popcorn has been our go-to popcorn for most of them. There have been times when i've made twice the batch and it has all disappeared! Garlic Parmesan Popcorn never tasted so good! You can easily tumble Garlic Parmesan seasoning onto your popcorn with this easy recipe.