Brad's cottage pie. Great recipe for Brad's sheppards pie. This is very similar to my cottage pie recipe. The main difference is that cottage pie has beef, sheppards pie has lamb or goat.
Categories dinner Tags cake, cornbread, pie, sandwich, whole, whole wheat Leave a comment. Shepherd's Pie recipe recently was in demand by people around us, maybe include you. Brad Carter has a cookbook coming out in a couple of weeks. You can have Brad's cottage pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's cottage pie
- You need of the veggies.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped asparagus.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushroom.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen veggie mix with corn carrots peas and green beans.
- It’s 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of the meat.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of thin London broil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare of the potatoes.
- You need 2 of LG youkon gold potatoes.
- It’s 2 of LG sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 4 tbs of butter.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare to taste of garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- It’s 2 cups of prepared brown gravy.
I say cookbook loosely; the recipes are of the staff meals they cook in between shifts, intermittently placed between pages of Brad's friends, his inspirations, and his producers.. It is, as the table next to us point out, essentially a cottage pie encased in puff pastry, and if the. A great dish to serve during the holidays. I did not use a bread maker for this recipe.
Brad's cottage pie step by step
- First mix the meat ingredients and marinade meat for 1 1/2 hrs at room temperature.
- In a LG frying pan, add 1 tbs oil. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Asparagus should still be crisp. Add balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and frozen veggies. Steam until liquid cooks out..
- Place veggies in a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking dish..
- Meanwhile peel and boil potatoes. When soft, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Add milk until potatoes become smooth..
- In same pan as the veggies, add 1 tbs oil. Sear London broil over med high heat until browned on both sides but still rare. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Layer over the veggies..
- Pour the gravy over everything. Spread the potatoes evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. When done add cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts..
- Serve immediately. I served with cottage cheese..
I love that the cottage cheese adds moisture & protein to the bread. It's not a tutorial on how to master the art of pie crust making — because that doesn't always help — nope, today we're telling you to skip the traditional pie crust and use sandwich bread instead. Food blogger Recipe Tin Eats shared this idea on her blog — with a delicious recipe using this idea to make quiche cups — and it is amazing. Old fashioned bread pudding with vanilla,bourbon or caramel sauce is an easy and simple homestead recipe to use up eggs, milk and stale bread. Comfort food at its best – breakfast, dessert, or snack!