Shepherd's pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. You can have Shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- You need of Potatoes.
- You need of Minced meat.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Onions.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- You need of Peas and carrots.
- It’s of Flour.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Garlic and ginger paste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s of Dried thyme.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Tomatoes paste.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes.
Shepherd's pie step by step
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal! Shepherd's pie has culinary origins from England and its creation was inspired by the workers who tend to sheep. The meal uses lamb and simple ingredients to create a tasty casserole. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.