A Proper Cottage Pie.
You can have A Proper Cottage Pie using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Proper Cottage Pie
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 1-1/3 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of carrots.
- Prepare 1-1/4 cup of celery.
- Prepare 1-1/3 cup of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s of Mash.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1-2/3 pound of potatoes.
- You need As needed of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
A Proper Cottage Pie instructions
- Peel wash and cube the potatoes. Cover with water and boil till fork tender. Drain the water. Add the butter, and milk. Shred the cheese and add to the potatoes. Add the parsley and salt..
- Whip the potatoes well till creamy. Let rest. Chop the vegetables and melt the butter..
- Sauté the vegetables for 12 minutes in the butter with the salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Add the beef and when browned add the wine and allow to reduce. Simmer 15 minutes. This can be done as you are doing the potatoes..
- When the liquids are reduced add the flour and tomato paste. Stir and incorporate well. Let the flour cout and cook for 7 minutes. Add the broth..
- Preheat the oven 400°Fahrenheit. Stir well stirring constantly this will thicken. Transfer to an oven safe pan I used an 8×12 pan about 2-1/2 inch deep. Spread it out evenly. Then add the mashed potatoes I used a spoon, but you can pipe it on..
- Take a big fork and plow the field, put grooves on top. Then top off with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded. Put onto another pan. I put parchment paper on the bottom pan for easy cleanup. It's gonna bubble over!!!.
- Bake 30 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to rest 12-15 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!!.