Cantonese-Style Soy Chicken with Noodles. Great recipe for Cantonese-Style Soy Chicken with Noodles. The more famous version of Chinese Soy Chicken is the Cantonese variety that is eaten as part of Chicken Rice and/or Yellow Noodles. It is sweeter and requires Chinese Rose Wine, or even Shaoxing Wine.
Mix the soy sauces, sesame oil, salt, sugar, wine and white pepper in a small bowl and set aside. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Delicious Cantonese Style Fried Noodles with a smooth egg-based sauce. You can have Cantonese-Style Soy Chicken with Noodles using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cantonese-Style Soy Chicken with Noodles
- You need 350 g of Chicken Meat (with skin, boneless).
- It’s as needed of Sesame Oil (for glazing).
- Prepare 300 g of Yellow Noodles (blanched, cooled and ready to use).
- It’s 200 g of Kai Lan (stem removed, blanched, ready to serve).
- It’s 2 pc of Fresh Red Chillies (slice thinly, garnish).
- Prepare 20 g of Spring Onions (green part, slice thinly, garnish).
- Prepare 1 pc of Japanese Cucumber (slice thinly).
- You need of Marinate (rub the chicken with these);.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Sugar/Rock Sugar.
- It’s 40 g of Ginger (minced).
- Prepare 20 g of Spring Onions (white part, minced).
- You need of Stewing Liquid (mix well in a pot);.
- You need 1/2 cup of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Dark Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar (unnecesary really).
- Prepare 20 g of Spring Onions (green part, rough chop).
- It’s 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- It’s 2 pc of Bay Leaves.
- You need 3 pc of Star Anise.
- It’s 4 pc of Cloves.
Your choice of dried egg noodles, rice noodles, or a combination of the two. Cantonese Style Fried Noodles is one of my favorite styles of fried noodles. I like the crisp noodles soaking up the smooth egg-based sauce. Meanwhile, use another wok or frypan to stir fry noodles.
Cantonese-Style Soy Chicken with Noodles step by step
- SCORE; if you are using chicken breast, score the underside of the chicken and poke a few holes through the middle of the thickest part. This will help the marination and ensure an even cooking..
- MARINADE; Rub the chicken with Ginger, Spring Onion (white part) and Sugar. In a pot mix together the Stewing Liquid and add the chicken skin-side up. Let it sit in room temperature for 30-45 minutes..
- POACHING; after 45 minutes, start cooking the pot by heating it up to a simmer or a gentle boil (not rolling boil). Cover with a lid and let the chicken cook for 8-10 minutes. After that, flip the chicken skin-side down and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- REST – after that, remove the chicken from the pot and let it rest for 10 minutes. Brush the chicken with Sesame Oil before cutting it into serving size..
- BOIL THE STEW; continue to cook the Stewing Liquid on a rolling boil for 5-10 minutes. The Stewing Liquid can be used as a sauce for the Noodles and Kai Lan.
- SERVE; cut the chicken into serving pieces and serve on a plate. In a bowl, mix in 150g of Noodles and 2 to 3 Tbsp of the Stewing Liquid. Place it next to the chicken and garnish with sliced Red Chillies and Spring Onions (green part). Place the Kai Lan onto the plate and drizzle the Stewing Liquid on top. Serve the sliced cucumbers next to it..
Add noodles, turn heat to high and stir fry until noodles are lightly brown and crisp. Season with salt along the way of frying noodles. Cantonese chicken with mushrooms is a semi dry preparation. A beautiful balance of flavour with loads of garlic and blend of sauces makes this dish a perfect starter or top it on plain boiled noodles and enjoy it. For authentic flavours use sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy, fish, oyster sauce.