Spinach Mushroom Soupy Ting.
You can have Spinach Mushroom Soupy Ting using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Mushroom Soupy Ting
- You need 1.5 of chonky jalapeños.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of finely chopped green onion.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of fresh spinach (Before cooking I had cleaned and soaked it in water and made sure to squeeze the life out of it before adding so it wouldn’t bleed green everywhere).
- You need 6-8 of chopped white mushrooms.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 of dabs sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle of sugar.
- Prepare 1-2 of cornstarch to water mixture.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Spinach Mushroom Soupy Ting instructions
- Add oil to pan. Medium-low heat. Add in garlic. Let brown. I just about burnt mine on accident so if you do too that’s ok. Add green onion. Let brown a smidge. Add jalapeños. Let cook some, but not brown..
- Add the water. Add the spinach. Bring to a boil. Add the mushrooms. You don’t want it to boil forever, so reduce temperature as needed..
- Add in the sauces, mix it in well. Ideally the water should be reduced some before adding the cornstarch water mixture. I didn’t want the liquid to be ultra thick or anything. Just a little bit. So I mixed 2 spoonfuls of cornstarch to 4-5 spoonfuls of water. Added those in little by little until I got a desirable result..
- Oh! Add the sesame oil in by the way. And please be sure to taste the broth here and there and add more or less of whatever to get a more desirable flavor. At some point I added a bit of sugar to see if that’d do anything. The flavor should be leaning in that umami realm. Towards the end I left it half covered on a simmer to let it do it’s thing. If you feel it’s done before then, then great. At this point you’re just trying to get the broth right and everything else should be cooked..
- Done ! This worked really well with my fried rice recipe..