Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang). Great recipe for Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang). The body will need help in recovering after fighting off the cold. Said to improve stamina, the Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup is a popular healthy home cooked meal.
Chinese Four Herbs Soup (Si Shen Tang 四神汤) helps to strengthen the spleen and digestive system, calms the nerves and improve poor appetite. I love the aroma of Chinese herbal soups. They not only improve our health but they're delicious too. You can have Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang)
- It’s 1 pc of Whole Chicken Leg (bone in).
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1.5 litres of Water (or as needed).
- You need of Dun Ji Tang herbs;.
- Prepare 6 g of Astragalus Root (Bei Chi 北芪).
- It’s 15 g of Codonopsis (Dang Shen 党参).
- It’s 11 g of Chinese Yam (Huai Shan 淮山).
- It’s 23 g of Solomon's Seal (Yu Zhu 玉竹).
- It’s 23 g of Wolfberries (Goji Zi 枸杞子).
- It’s of Optional.
- Prepare 20 g of Red Dates.
- Prepare 20 g of Dried Longan.
Home > Chicken Soups > Herbal Chicken Soup. One of the most distinctive features of Chinese soup making is the pairing of Chinese herbs with chicken and pork. As a Cantonese I grew up drinking Mom's nutritious chicken soup. But I'm quite clueless on Chinese herbs and its benefits.
Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) instructions
- CHICKEN; rinse the chicken. Dry the chicken with kitchen towels and then salt it. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- STEW; In a pot, place in all the Herbs as well as Water and chicken. Bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer. REMOVE any scum from the surface and let the soup cook for 1 hour or until the liquid has been reduced by half..
- SERVE; turn off the heat, remove the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then, chop the chicken into serving size. Taste the soup to see if it needs to be seasoned. Serve in a bowl..
It sounds silly but I find going t. Sometimes I also add cooked whole grains, such as brown rice, barley, or wheat berries, to make it into a wholesome grain soup. The herb mix I used in this recipe is The Chinese Herbal Soup Mix for Immunity & Health. You can cook herbal chicken soup on a stovetop, in a slow cooker, or a pressure cooker. Which chicken is suitable for Chinese soup.