Shredded potatoes Au gratin. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia. I sprinkled garlic powder on both layers of the potatoes.
You may be tempted to cut calories by How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible. You can use a mandoline slicer if you have. You can have Shredded potatoes Au gratin using 15 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shredded potatoes Au gratin
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 6 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4 cup of almond milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 of few shakes Tabasco sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 3 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of onion grated.
- It’s 6 large of baking potatoes shredded.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated Colby Jack cheese.
Hash-brown potatoes baked with creamy Cheddar cheese and green onions are a great accompaniment to any meal. 👉 See Full Recipe – "SHREDDED POTATO AU GRATIN". Mix in lowfat sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Drain, cool and peel and shred with grater. Potatoes Au Gratin is definitely a weakness of mine when it comes to holiday side dishes.
Shredded potatoes Au gratin step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Melt butter in sauce pan. Add flour stirring till well combined, slowly add milk, add next 7 ingredients, bring to boil, simmer for 3 minutes, add sour cream stirring till well blended remove from heat, add sharp cheddar cheese, stir till melted. Add this mixture along with onion and potatoes to large bowl, mix till combined, taste, adjust seasoning if necessary. Pour into large greased Pyrex dish, cover with foil bake for 40 minutes remove foil, top with colby jack and bake for additional 30 minutes or until cheese forms nice golden crust, let sit for 5 minutes, enjoy!.
Basically, if it has carbs and cheese, it's a favorite of mine 🙂. Potatoes Au Gratin made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce and topped with shredded cheddar and gruyere cheese. Potatoes au gratin is a casserole recipe with layers of thinly sliced Yukon gold spuds and a cream sauce that includes melted cheese. Au gratin potatoes, on the other hand, are thinner, about ⅛-inch thick pieces and cheese is added to the recipe. You might also sometimes see breadcrumbs sprinkled.