Simple chicken pot pie. Chicken Pot Pie a la Jeremy and Jasmin "Very good comfort food! I used fresh carrots and sauteed them with the onion, and used frozen corn instead of canned." – Clara. With homemade gravy and a few shortcuts, you get big pot pie flavor.
One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of chicken and vegetables. Plus, it's super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. In a bowl combine the mixed vegetables, chicken, cream of chicken soup and milk. You can have Simple chicken pot pie using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple chicken pot pie
- Prepare 1 box of pie crust – thawed.
- Prepare 1 can of chunked chicken.
- Prepare 1 small of bag of frozen veggies ( I use the stew veggies).
- You need 1 jar of of chicken gravy.
- You need 1 dash of salt and pepper.
Pour mixture into one of the pie crusts. Soften pie crust as directed on package. Ready made pie crusts make this homestyle Chicken pot pie recipe super easy. This ultimate-comfort food-chicken recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Simple chicken pot pie instructions
- Thaw pie crust as directed on the box.
- Bake the bottom crust 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl mix chicken , veggies and gravy with a dash of salt and pepper poor into baked bottom crust.
- Top with other thawed crust cut a hole in the middle of the top mold to your pie pan and crimp the edges bake at the same temp as the bottom crust I usually let it bake a little longer to have a crispy crust.
You can make it ahead and enjoy leftovers throughout the week. If you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry, this easy chicken pot pie recipe is the place to begin. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. I sub the dairy for almond milk and vegan butter then use more veggies and vegetable broth instead of chicken. Always a crowd favourite, even meat eaters and kids!