Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. This recipe is great for those times when you need to make dinner in a hurry, or when you need a warm bowl of comfort after a long chaotic day. A hearty and comforting creamy chicken noodle soup that'll keep you cozy all night long. This soup is so easy to put together and is always a big hit with the family.
I just made this soup up out of my head one time, and my family asks for it over and over, so I have pretty much committed it to memory. But I mentioned it on my blog, and decided it would be a good idea to write down the recipe for posterity. Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and fines herbs and season with salt and pepper. You can have Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need of Roux.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare of Soup.
- You need 6 cup of water.
- You need 4 of cooked chicken breasts.
- Prepare 3 cup of egg noodles.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 6 tsp of Chicken Buillon.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder (optional).
When soup is finished, stir in egg noodles. This rich-tasting but better-for-you creamy chicken soup has a delicious chicken pot pie feel to it. We call for rotisserie chicken to streamline your prep time–look for a nice big one with lots of breast meat on it. Pair this comforting and easy soup recipe with a green salad, or, if you're really hungry, a grilled cheese sandwich.
Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Rub salt and pepper on each side of the chicken and cook on medium temperature. Set aside and let cool..
- Boil water and dissolve the bouillon in the water..
- Put in the egg noodles and boil for 8-10 minutes. You may need to eye ball it, based on your tastes. If you want more of a soup, put less in, if you want a really hearty stew-like soup, put more in..
- Use a peeler to get nice long strips of carrot. Get about a handful. Put in the carrots about halfway through the cooking process for the noodles..
- While the soup base is boiling, create the roux. Melt the butter on a low heat..
- Slowly add the flour to the melted butter and stir, making sure there are no lumps..
- Slowly stir in the milk to smooth out the now paste like mix..
- Tear up the now cool chicken and throw it into the soup..
- Pour in the roux and stir until completely mixed in. Serve hot and enjoy!.
Simmer on low heat until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, reserving all broth and vegetables as stock for soup. Chop in small pieces and set aside. Add noodles to broth and simmer until noodles are one-half done. Add butter and cream of chicken soup.