Chicken with bacon tomato sauce. Creamy chicken pasta with bacon is easy to make weeknight one pot pasta dish! Full of tender chicken, spinach, tomatoes, and bacon! Creamy chicken pasta with spinach and bacon is one of my favorite things to eat!
Because we know that bacon makes everything better. In a large bowl, combine barbecue sauce, sour cream, garlic powder and black pepper. Chicken pasta recipes can get boring. You can have Chicken with bacon tomato sauce using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with bacon tomato sauce
- It’s 8 oz of bacon-chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of baby portabella mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste, small can.
- It’s 2 can of diced tomato, medium can.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare of red pepper flake.
- It’s of salt, pepper.
- Prepare of garlic salt, cajun spice.
- It’s 10 of chicken thighs, skinless, bone-in or boneless.
You'll fall in love with the flavors in this Chicken Pasta with Bacon, Spinach, and Tomatoes in Garlic Cream Sauce. Easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love! Sliced chicken breast and bacon are tossed with veggies and penne pasta in a delicious, creamy, homemade alfredo sauce made with Parmesan cheese. Place tomato paste, water, vinegar, basil and oregano in food processor container; cover.
Chicken with bacon tomato sauce step by step
- Finely chop onion, celery, garlic. A food processor works best for this-make it like a paste..
- Season chicken with garlic salt, pepper, cajun spice. Brown chicken pieces in butter, olive oil. Don't cook it through. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Cook chopped bacon for 5 minutes to render slightly, then add onion,celery, garlic..
- Cook for 5 min to soften then add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes more. Add brown sugar..
- Add mushrooms(sliced if you want) and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently..
- Season to your liking with pepper, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes..
- Add in diced tomato and 1/2 to 1 cup water..
- Add back in chicken. Stir it all together..
- If to thick, add a little more water..
- Cook over low to medium low heat until chicken is cooked through and soft. About 45 – 60 minutes. It should be like a saucy stew..
- Serve over rice or egg noodles. Add Tabasco or Texas Pete if you like it spicier. This makes great leftovers too!.
Add bacon bits to the sauce and give a quick stir. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately over rice, pasta or veggie noodles with additional red pepper flakes, enjoy! This pasta dish has a tasty blend of chicken, bacon, spinach, tomatoes, garlic and a Parmesan cream sauce. Seasoned chicken is cooked with garlic in a skillet, and a short time later sliced thickly and set aside.