Stewed Chicken Chorizo. The chicken and chorizo stew is rich without being calorie laden, it is spicy and aromatic, the chicken is soft and comforting and the chickpeas make everything complete. No words about the chorizo, this amazing sausage makes everything better, even when used in such small quantity. Defrost and reheat gently to serve, adding a little extra water.
Rich, flavoursome and full of comfort – this Rioja and chicken stew is the ultimate one-pot winner. Our Rioja chicken stew is hearty and wholesome. The rich wine is absorbed into the cooking chorizo and the potatoes become deliciously soft. You can cook Stewed Chicken Chorizo using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stewed Chicken Chorizo
- It’s 3-1/2 pounds of chicken thighs bone in and skin on.
- Prepare 6 ounces of Chorizo sausage.
- It’s 10 leaves of bay leaf.
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of saffron flowers not stems.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1 quart of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Add the stock, tomatoes and potatoes. Return the chicken and chorizo to the pot and stir to combine. Uncover the pot and transfer the chicken to a platter. Return the chorizo and onion mixture to the pan, with the wine, and cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
Stewed Chicken Chorizo step by step
- Take a deep pan add the chicken thighs. Turn on the heat..
- Add 2/3 of the sausage to the in-betweens of thighs. Stuff the rest of the Chorizo up under the skin of the chicken. Add paprika..
- Add rest of the spices to the chicken..
- Add water and chopped carrots to pan. Cover and stew for an hour on med flame/ heat..
- Let rest for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
High flavor fills each bowl of Chicken and Chorizo Stew–thanks to the saffron and chorizo. This Spanish-influenced stew is chockful of vegetables, making it a perfect one-dish meal. Chorizo comes in two forms: Spanish, which is used in this recipe, is cured and firm. Return the chicken legs and chorizo to the stew. Chicken, Chorizo and Chickpea Stew Opt for a healthy cooking oil instead of the prescribed cooking fat, and this cozy bowl just got a whole lot more guilt-free.