Butternut Squash Soup.
You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of chopped yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 3 lb of roasted butternut squash.
- Prepare 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat, then add the onion, salt, and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft. Add roasted butternut squash and stir for few minutes..
- Add the stock, bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes at a simmer..
- Puree the soup, either using an immersion blender, or by cooling the soup slightly and blending in a blender..
- Serve as is, or with cheese and a few pumpkin seeds, if desired..