Moroccan Stew. Split the squash in half and remove the seeds and fibers. Add the zucchini, water, cumin, salt, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne and pepper. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
In a medium-size bowl, season the meat evenly with the salt, pepper, and cinnamon. The exotic fragrance of this dish as it's cooking is almost reason enough to make it. This vegetable stew makes a substantial meal, especially when served with hard-boiled eggs or toasted chopped almonds, brown rice or couscous.. You can have Moroccan Stew using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Stew
- It’s 500 grams of left over cooked chicken/beef/lamb.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of stock.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of desicated coconut.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
Chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. How to make Macanese-style Portuguese chicken. Moroccan chickpea stew is an easy, delicious and filling dish that makes an ideal weekday dinner or post-exercise recovery meal. It's vegan and gluten-free. recipes. small plates. large plates. sweets. baking. salads and soups. breakfasts. pantry staples. drinks. about. contact.
Moroccan Stew step by step
- preheat oven to 160°c.
- mix the oil with the spices, coconut, crushed garlic and finely chopped chilli to form a paste..
- place paste in frying pan or flame proof casserole dish over medium heat. add the chopped onion and stir until soft. add some water if the mixture becomes too dry..
- add wine, tomatoes, chickpeas and honey. stir and bring to boil..
- add cooked meat, cut into strips..
- add stock and stir.
- cover and place in the oven for an hour..
- serve with rice or cous cous..
- you can make this recipe veggie by substituting the meat with 200g red lentils (boiled for 15mins if using dried) or a can of mixed pulses. you can also use raw stewing meat, but you must brown it off in some oil in a separate pan before adding, and oven cook the stew for 90mins..
Spices are a great way to enhance any dish, from savory to sweet. We love to experiment with them and create our own blends! For this vegetable stew, we used a combination of some of our favorite spices that can always be found in our spice drawer: cinnamon, turmeric, ground ginger, cumin, coriander, and allspice. Remove from Dutch oven, reserving oil in pan. Lentils, chick peas, and lots of fresh vegetables are simmer in an aromatic broth seasoned with cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.