shona's easy beef and bean stew. Cover beans with water in large bowl. Cover and soak overnight in refrigerator. Drain beans; rinse and pick over to remove any grit or shriveled and broken beans.
We've used basic vegetables in this recipe: potatoes, carrots, and onions. But, you can really change up the flavors by adding other root vegetables. Place meat in bottom of slow cooker. You can cook shona's easy beef and bean stew using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of shona's easy beef and bean stew
- You need 1 can of baked beans.
- Prepare 2 packages of beef cubes.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken powder.
Add mustard, spices, and garlic, and toss to coat. Dump tomatoes, onion, and beans on top of meat. Add beef and brown thoroughly with bacon and rosemary. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
shona's easy beef and bean stew instructions
- chop onion.
- rub beef cubes with chicken powder.
- add onion to oil In sauce pan and simmer until transparent.
- open baked beans and wash off tomato sauce in sieve.
- add beef cubes to onions and stir until browned.
- add washed beans and half cup later and simmer for 30 minutes in low heat.
Add onion; sauté until lightly caramelized. Place beef mixture, carrot and tomatoes in slow cooker. Top with beans and beef broth or red wine. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside.