Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie. This Healthy Shepherd's Pie calls for olive oil instead of butter, extra-lean ground beef, lots of vegetables, and a cauliflower-potato mash topping for a lighter take on the classic that's still FULL of flavor! Tastest Shepherd's Pie Recipe on YouTube! Have to give this ago girls, easy to make and very yummy For more recipes and workouts click here.
Healthyish. Подлинная учетная запись. @healthy_ish..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. This healthy shepherds pie recipe has lots of veggies, tender lamb (or beef), wonderful spices and olive oil mashed potatoes. You can have Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie
- You need 2 head of of Cauliflower.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2 lb of Ground Turkey or Chicken.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 25 of small Carrots, or so.
- You need of Garlic (Powder or Fresh).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Beef or Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Cheese (I tried Mozz this time.).
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
I've tried many a shepherd's pie recipe and this one is my absolute favorite because it's packed with flavor and way lower in fat and calories than the norm. Keto shepherd's pie incorporates extra vegetables into the meat mixture and is topped with creamy mashed cauliflower instead of the traditional potatoes. How do you make a keto shepherd's pie? Scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions.
Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Start the cauliflower mash. Boil a pot of water then add cauliflower. Let cook approx 10-15 minutes, or until soft..
- Start Meat. Sauté with oil: onion and carrots, then garlic. Add meat, and lightly brown. Add flour, then Worcestershire sauce and broth. Add salt and pepper as needed..
- You can add green beans and corn to meat pan..
- Drain cauliflower, add milk, butter and salt and pepper as needed. Blend in blender until reaches mashed potato -like consistency..
- Grease 2-3 qt casserole dish. Add layer of meat, then layer of cheese, then cauliflower mash on top. Make sure cauliflower mash covers to the sides so meat does not boil out and cause a mess. Add a dash of paprika on top..
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 mins..
My very flavorful version departs from tradition. American Shepherd's Pie, known elsewhere as Cottage Pie, is a casserole containing ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, peas and corn, and topped with a layer of mashed potatoes. It's a great way to use up both leftover vegetables and mashed potatoes. Easy to make, and made with an amazingly delicious Garlic Roasted Mashed Cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes (tastes identical). Vegetarian shepherd's pie is a great freezer meal!