Whole Pumpkin Gratin. Here's a recipe of "A whole pumpkin gratin" which is very easy to cook and surprisingly delicious. The recipe is very good for Halloween dish. Please try to cook it at your home.
If you want to get chunks of pumpkin, rather than pumpkin puree, you can do that too. Use your knife to carefully trim the peel off of the pumpkin. Pumpkin Gratin recipe: Found on http The only way I ate pumpkin as a child was in a savory gratin, so the first time I had it in the United States sweet, in a pie I thought it was a mistake. You can cook Whole Pumpkin Gratin using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Pumpkin Gratin
- It’s 1 of pumpkin (kabocha).
- It’s 1 of onion (slice thinly).
- It’s 1/2-1 pack of shimeji mushrooms (tear into bite sized pieces).
- You need 100 g of bacon, or as much as you like (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need 10-20 g of butter.
- You need 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2-1 of bouillon cube (optional).
- It’s 500-600 ml of milk.
- Prepare of Cheese (as much as you want).
- It’s 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Baked Whole Pumpkin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Place pumpkin top next to pumpkin on the pan. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp.
Whole Pumpkin Gratin step by step
- Wash the pumpkin and cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave until softened. ＊Be careful not to heat it up too much. (reference: 8~10 mins in 700W).
- Cut about 1/4 of the upper part of the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds and scrape pumpkin meat from shell. (leave at least 1 cm of the shell).
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat, stir fry onion, shimeji mushrooms, bacon until the onions are browned. Turn down the heat and add the flour and mix well. Pour the milk little by little to get the smooth sauce. Add the pumpkin meat, salt and pepper and cook until thickened.(adjust the thickness to your taste).
- Pour the mixture into the pumpkin, sprinkle cheese and panko bread crumbs on top and bake in 200℃ oven for 20~25 mins or until heated thoroughly. (Cheese starts to brown and panko bread crumbs are golden).
Making pumpkin puree from scratch is easy to do! Here are two methods, the quick method in the pressure cooker or the oven roasted method. Toss pumpkin cubes with garlic, parsley, sage, and salt and black pepper to taste. The small squash used here is the Japanese chestnut pumpkin or For this gratin, we scrape out the seeds and fill the centre with a mixture of two sorts of fried meat (chicken. Layers of pumpkin, butternut squash, and potatoes are baked in a rich, cheesy sauce until meltingly tender.