You can cook Chicken Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Stroganoff
- You need 2 of X chicken breast (500 – 600g).
- You need Tablespoon of oil.
- You need 2 of X tablespoons butter.
- It’s 350 g of button mushrooms (sliced).
- It’s 1 of brown onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic – diced.
- It’s 30 ml of white wine/white cooking wine.
- You need 500 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 250 ml of sour cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of seeded mustard or your favourite mustard to taste.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Mashed potato or Rice to serve.
Chicken Stroganoff step by step
- In a deep pan, heat your oil on a high heat, salt and pepper you chicken breasts and cook on a high heat for 4-5 mins, until slightly browned, but not burned. It will still be raw on the inside. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Turn down to medium heat, melt your butter, then add mushrooms, garlic and onion. Cook for 7-10mins, stirring often..
- While this is cooking, cut your chicken into bite-sized strips..
- Add in your wine and cook for a further 2-3 mins..
- Add in your chicken stock and stir well. Add in your sliced chicken. Cover, turn to low heat and cook for 20mins..
- Stir through mustard and sour cream, cook for a brief period, until sour cream hot. Adjust salt and pepper levels to taste, and serve over mashed potato or rice..