Pork Pina Colada Adobo.
You can cook Pork Pina Colada Adobo using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Pina Colada Adobo
- It’s 500 grams of Pork (shoulder or belly).
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Marinade ingredients.
- You need 2 of ☆ Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of or more ☆ Black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆ Rum.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Fish sauce.
- It’s 250 ml of ☆ Pineapple juice (100%).
Pork Pina Colada Adobo step by step
- Roughly cut the pork into 3 cm cubes, cut the onion into 2 cm wedges, and lightly crush the garlic. Add the ☆ marinade ingredients, and marinate for 2 hours at room temperature..
- Add the water and a pinch of salt, and turn on the heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down the heat to low, and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours until the meat becomes tender, skimming off the scum from time to time..
- Add the coconut milk to Step 2, turn up the heat a little, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- When the cooking sauce has reduced, and it turns shiny, it's done!.
- Serve on a plate, and garnish with the bay leaves. To make this dish even tastier, roughly chop or crush black peppercorns (not listed), and sprinkle them on top..
- Adobo made with wine: Marinate the meat with the following ingredients. Soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar: 1 tablespoon each, wine: 2 tablespoons, 1 bay leaf, and black peppercorns..
- The steps are the same except for Step 3, since it is made without coconut milk. (This one is delicious if you add boiled eggs and carrots)..