You can have Spicy Carbonara using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Carbonara
- Prepare 250 grams of spiral pasta.
- You need 200 grams of shredded bacon.
- You need 1 of large garlic clove, crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes (or less).
- Prepare 1 of shallot (green/spring onion), chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
Spicy Carbonara step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan on a low to medium heat. Add bacon..
- While bacon is cooking, add pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water..
- Once bacon is almost cooked, add garlic, chilli flakes and shallots. Cook until garlic is translucent, not brown or burnt..
- Pasta should be cooked and aldente (not soft and soggy) by this stage. Add the pasta and 1-2 tablespoons of the pasta water to the bacon mixture. Mix well until water has evaporated..
- Remove fry pan from heat and add the eggs immediately. Stir quickly so all the pasta is evenly coated with the egg..
- Mix in the parmesan, salt and pepper. Serve while still hot with crusty garlic bread and salad..