You can cook Cottage Pie using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- It’s 8 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef or lamb.
- It’s 2 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1 can of green peas.
- It’s 1 can of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 small box of cheese, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 small stick of butter.
- You need 500 grams of spaghetti sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need to taste of salt, sugar and pepper.
- Prepare 1 small can of evaporated milk.
- You need of Green bell peppers (optional).
- It’s of Spiced ham, diced and cooked.
Cottage Pie instructions
- Boil potatoes in a pot until soft/cooked. Peel once cool enough to handle. Mash while adding milk and half of the butter. Set aside for later..
- Cook garlic until golden brown. Using the same pan, cook onions until translucent. Set aside..
- Cook ground beef for 15-20 minutes or until brown. Mix cooked garlic, onions and remaining butter. Add carrots and mushrooms. Add spaghetti sauce, green peas, and cubed cheese (leave some to grate and use for topping later). You may also add green bell peppers and cooked spiced ham if you want. Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are cooked..
- In an oven-safe dish or bowl, put meat sauce and on top of it, layer prepared mashed potato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°..