New Mexico Green Chili Stew. Broil green chiles in the oven turning often to evenly darken skin making sure they don't burn. Place the beef tenderloin cubes, pork loin cubes, and masa harina in a plastic bag, and shake to coat the meat. Heat a dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot over medium-high heat.
Cube meat, sprinkle with salt and fry until brown in oil. Add potatoes, browned meat together with onion, garlic, salt, green chile and enough water to cover. Add the cilantro, stir and serve. You can have New Mexico Green Chili Stew using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of New Mexico Green Chili Stew
- You need 2 1/2 lb of potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of pork tenderloin.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 13 oz of chopped roasted hatch green chili.
- Prepare 28 oz of of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken flavored bullion.
Side Bar: At the school we use locally grown green chile when making the stew. It is roasted over a fire or gas flame, peeled and chopped. When the chile is not in season, we use roasted, peeled, chopped, frozen green chile. The BEST Green Chile Stew is loaded with bite-size chunks of pork that are seasoned with onion and plenty of garlic.
New Mexico Green Chili Stew step by step
- peel, chop, and boil potatos.
- in heated vegetable oil add thickly diced pork tenderloin.
- add garlic powder.
- add fresh cracked black pepper.
- add Italian seasoning.
- add diced onions.
- in boiling potatoes add chopped green chili.
- add the pork and onions.
- add 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes undrained.
- add chicken flavor bouillon.
- cover and cook on medium to low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas or quesadillas for a complete meal!.
The pork is simmered in a green chile sauce (that's salsa verde for those of you who aren't familiar with the lingo) until tender enough to almost fall apart when you bite it. Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. In large pot brown meat with onion, drain. Add all other ingredients and stir well. New Mexico Green Chile Stew from a Native New Mexican.