Chicken chasseur. Chicken chasseur (literally hunter's chicken) is a fast, one-pot dish. The French classic combines mushrooms and chicken in a tomato and white-wine. Chicken breasts braised in robust tomato sauce with sauteed in butter mushrooms.
The primary ingredients in hunter's chicken are sautéed chicken and a reduced chasseur sauce prepared using tomatoes, mushrooms..chasseur recipe: the chicken chasseur or (poulet sauté chasseur) is a classic French stew made with sauteed pieces of chicken, serve with a sauce made using a combination of brown chicken. Chicken chasseur recipe ( Hunter's chicken) is a delicious saute chicken stew cooked with a delicious The chicken chasseur also called the hunter's chicken (poulet sauté chasseur) is a. This dish is similar to the Italian dish Chicken Cacciatore, but the seasonings make it thoroughly French. You can have Chicken chasseur using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken chasseur
- Prepare 12 pieces of chicken thighs and drumsticks, bone-in and skin-on.
- You need 500 g of brown mushrooms, sliced about 1/2 cm thick.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh thyme (about a dozen sprigs).
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brandy.
- You need 3 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cold unsalted butter.
Chicken Chasseur, or Hunter's Chicken, is a simple French country meal. What I like about country French cooking is the simplicity. There isn't a lot of "over-thinking" about preparing a meal. This chicken chasseur recipe makes a quick meal that is very popular here in France.
Chicken chasseur step by step
- Trim the fat and any loose skin off the chicken. Season the pieces with salt and pepper and lay them into a large pan on medium-high heat with a tiny splash of veg oil. Fry for about 20 minutes, flipping occasionally, until deeply browned all over. Remove the chicken to a plate..
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes until the mushrooms release their water, then add the onion, garlic, and thyme sprigs. Fry another 2 minutes..
- Stir in the tomato paste and continue frying for a minute. Deglaze the pan with the brandy. Let the brandy boil out, then add the chicken stock. Return the chicken and any juices to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and let simmer for 30 minutes. Don't flip the chicken..
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate. Fish out the thyme sprigs and throw them away. Whisk the butter into the sauce a little at a time to thicken and enrichen it. Serve the chicken and sauce separately or combined, either works. Goes very well with mashed potatoes..
Share: Rate this Recipe Add the chicken, cooking slowly to brown on all sides. Warm up cold days with this traditional chicken stew. If you aren't a fan of mushrooms, swap them out for your favourite vegetable. An easy recipe for instant pot chicken chasseur. This classic French Chicken chasseur recipe, is a robust & delicious stew that's sure to become a family favourite.