Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew. Once cooled, remove the shells and set aside. Sample the liquid to see if you like the taste. Marinate the pork with light soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil and white pepper.
Stir fry a further minute before adding the spices. Stir fry the pork for a. Pork will be cooked until soft and has nice smell from many spices. You can have Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew
- Prepare 1 of pork legs,chopped larg chunk ,pork belly if prefer ,or use chicken thigh,or any part you like.
- You need 12 of hard boil eggs.
- Prepare 50 grams of 5spices ,powder.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 bunch of coriander,use both roots and leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dark say sauce or sweet soy saude.
- Prepare 3 cup of water or stock.
Now add the pork and mix through. Cook for another minute until the pork starts to change colour. Rinse garlic cloves, with peels left on, and crush lightly. Heat up a heavy-bottomed pot or pan (do not add oil) over medium heat until hot.
Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew step by step
- Pound coriander roots,garlic,black pepper,make fine paste ,stir fry on low heat until fragrace,add 5 spices ,keep stiring.
- Higher heat to mdium,stir in chopped pork legs or your choice of chicken pieces ,stir until no longer pink ,add palm sugar,brown sugar..stir until sugar dissolves and look shinny,add all seasoning except salt.
- Add water or stock ,stir only to mix and pork or chicken not stick to the pot bottom ,then let it simmer approximately 1 hour on low heat for pork leg,stir occasionly ,half an hour for chicken ,add peeled hard boil eggs ,let it simmer again another 1 hour or half an hour add more stock or watr if soup too dry ,taste the soup ( if not salty yet add salt or skip it ),taste pork or chicken if it tendered ,turn heat off,serve hot garnish with coriander,some red pepper slices and steamed jasmine rice :).
Put in the pork slices and stir-fry for a few minutes. When the fat oozes out, grease the pot or pan with it by stirring the pork slices around the base. Rinse the eggs with cold water until eggs are cooled. Peel when cool enough to handle. Heat oil in casserole (wok, claypot or deep pot).