Smoked tri tip. This Smoky Grilled Tri Tip is first smoked for about an hour then seared over a super hot grill. The goal of this reverse-sear method is to first infuse the wonderful smoky flavor into the meat while. Smoked Tri Tip is an easy, quick, and affordable alternative to brisket.
Think you couldn't possibly love steak anymore? You can use any sort of smoker for this recipe (even a grill that is hacked to put out a little smoke). The simplest and tastiest method for smoking Tri Tip that comes out delicious and juicy. You can have Smoked tri tip using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked tri tip
- It’s 4 lbs of tri tip.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need 3 tablespoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper.
Check out the full video description below for more information. Smoked tri-tip is on of my favorite beef cuts to smoke when I am looking for a steak-like texture and flavor. The really awesome thing is that cooking steaks or even lean. Tri-tip is a quality cut of meat with the big, bold, juicy flavor of grilled steaks-what better way to enjoy it this summer than making a Smoked Tri-Tip in the backyard?
Smoked tri tip step by step
- Baste tri tip with olive oil. Mix all dry ingredients then rub into meat and let set for 1 hour..
- Get smoker to temperature of 225 and cook for 2 hours..
- Once off grill, wrap with foil and let rest for 10 minutes..
Fire up that smoker-you know you. I have a Cajun Injector electric smoker. How long do I smoke it and at what temperature? Comments for How to Smoke a Tri Tip Slow and Good! Choose well-trimmed, USDA Choice tri-tip roasts.