Caramel popcorn. Popcorn is coated with brown sugar and corn syrup caramel then baked for a crunchy treat. Great caramel popcorn for any holiday or occasion. If you like chewy popcorn, bake less.
Easy Homemade Caramel Popcorn has just the right crunch and chewiness that you want, without sticking to your teeth. It's everything you hope for in the perfect caramel popcorn recipe! With a thin, crispy, even coating of caramel on every piece, this caramel corn stays crispy for weeks. You can have Caramel popcorn using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel popcorn
- You need 6 cups of air popped popcorn.
- It’s 2/3 cups of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 3 Tbsp of light corn syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Make this with or without corn syrup – I've discovered the. It's a little crunchier than our caramel marshmallow popcorn, but the buttery caramel coating is undeniably. Making crunchy caramel popcorn is a two step process. First you make a simple caramel sauce on the stovetop by boiling butter and brown sugar for a few minutes.
Caramel popcorn step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large saucepan, add the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla and baking soda and pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir everything together. Tumble the mixture on your prepared baking sheet and spread in a thin layer, bake them for 1 hour giving them a stir every 20 minutes..
- Allow them to cool at room temperature then break them up into bits once cooled..
Then you coat the popcorn with. Freshly made caramel popcorn is practically impossible to resist. This recipe makes ridiculously good caramel popcorn. But, don't take my word for it, go make some and see for yourself. once you start hearing the corn popping and the popping has stopped remove it immediately from the heat so that it doesn't start burning. put the popcorn to the side to start making the caramel. Caramel Corn is so easy and that extra salt gives it a sweet and salty combo!