Cream stew. The warm cream stew with a lot of vegetables is a staple for winter time there. The mild flavor of the stew is well accepted by the young and the old. Cream stew (クリームシチュー, kurīmu shichū) is a popular Yōshoku dish consisting of meat, usually chicken or pork, and mixed vegetables, onion, carrot, potato and cabbage, cooked in thick white roux.
It is common in Japan to use ready-made roux. As the colour of the stew was white, it was called white stew or cream stew (probably because it was thick and creamy). Heavy cream, corn, and cheese are common additions to the cream stew. You can have Cream stew using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream stew
- You need 5 tablespoon of flour.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- Prepare 300 ml of milk.
- You need 150 ml of water.
- It’s of Chicken cube (powder).
- Prepare of Sault.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of potatos.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 100 g of chicken Brest.
- Prepare of Broccoli.
How to Cook Cream Stew without Instant Pot. The rest of the process is the same. Cream stew is a popular dish in Japan that consists of chicken and root vegetables in a savory cream sauce. Many people enjoy this hearty dish in the cold winter months to warm their bodies.
Cream stew instructions
- Cut all vages and meat first. Especially, you need to put potatos in the water, leave it for 30mins..
- Malt butter in a pan with low heat. If it's melted all, add two table spoon of flour and stirs it's a whisk to prevent any lumps. Do this two more times..
- Please make sure still heat is low. Pour milk and continue to stirring. At this time, do not pour all milk..
- If you see all flour-butter mixture is gone, put Sault and chicken cube(powder one).
- Put oil in the another pan. Cook chicken first. Then onion, potatoes (without water), carrot..
- If you see it's all vages cooked, pour water and wait few minutes with medium heat. When water is boiled, pour white sauce that you make before with another pan..
- With low heat, keep starring increasing the heat until the mixture thickens and bubbles. Then put mushrooms and put a lid of the pan. Leave it at least 10 mins..
- Prepare individual plates. Put few broccories on the plate..
The standard ingredients are onion, potato, carrot, broccoli, and chicken, but I've also added kabocha squash, cremini mushrooms, spinach. Season the boneless chicken thighs with the white pepper thoroughly. Sprinkle on the salt and lightly pat the seasonings onto both sides. This cream stew recipe is the type of recipe I like to have around whenever I want easy comfort food. The taste reminds me of the inside of a chicken pot pie or a bowl of cream of chicken soup, but fancier and loaded with veggies.