Stew of tofu. Because of the tofu in the recipe, this stew provides plant-based protein to the body. Tofu is the traditional meat substitute that comes to mind when considering vegetarianism or a meatless diet. Despite its neutral taste and soy composition, the tofu quickly absorbs the flavor of the food with which it is prepared!
The cauliflower soaks up the cooking liquid, and the tofu keeps the dish light, allowing the bold flavors in the liquid–predominantly the curry paste and lemongrass–to take center stage in this slow-cooker tofu stew. A predominance of umami ingredients (tofu, miso, eggs and soy sauce) make this chunky vegetable stew recipe wonderfully hearty. Use firm silken tofu if you prefer a soft texture; opt for regular firm tofu for more chew. You can have Stew of tofu using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stew of tofu
- You need 900 ml of [A]・cooking alcohol.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of ・salt.
- You need 1.5 tsp of ・soy sauce.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of ・sweet sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ・starch powder.
- You need 6 tbsp of ・water.
- You need 450 g of ・chicken thigh.
- It’s 0.5 of ・carrot.
- You need 0.25 of ・chinese cabbage.
- Prepare 3 tsp of [B]・juice of ginger.
- You need of ・salt and pepper a little.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of ・starch powder.
- Prepare 3 blocks of ・tofu.
- It’s 3 tsp of ・sesame oil.
I like to use anchovy broth as a stew base, which is typical, but you can use any other broth or water. This recipe combines kimchi and pork, a classic match. Feel free to use beef, chicken, or seafood and switch out the pork. Mushrooms are a good substitute if you don't like meat.
Stew of tofu instructions
- Boil japanese style soup stock in a flying pan..
- Cut into bite-size chicken thigh. After that, seasoned with [B] and put in (1)..
- Quarter slice carrot and bite-size chinese cabbage put in (1)..
- Lightly drained tofu put in (2) and break into bite-size. After that, add [A] and dissolve starch powder with water..
- When the soup is charged with thickened and comes to a boil, add the sesame oil and mixed..
Stir in the Korean chile powder and ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Stir in the soy bean paste, coating the beef. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Heat oil in a large saucepan over high.