Krazy Kurland Chicken Paprikash – version 1.
You can cook Krazy Kurland Chicken Paprikash – version 1 using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Krazy Kurland Chicken Paprikash – version 1
- Prepare 4 of large onions.
- You need 2-3 of large pinches kosher salt.
- You need of ~3 TBSP oil.
- It’s 4 TBSP of Hungarian paprika, 2 hot + 2 sweet.
- It’s 2.5-3 lbs of chicken.
- It’s 28 oz (2 cans) of chicken broth.
- Prepare 5 of heaping TBSP sour cream.
- It’s 2 TBSP of corn starch in water for thickening.
Krazy Kurland Chicken Paprikash – version 1 step by step
- Saute onions on high heat with 2 large pinches of kosher salt and ~3 TBSP oil until starting to brown.
- Add 4 TBSP paprika (2 Hot and 2 Sweet) and cook through roughly 3 minutes.
- Add 2.5 – 3 lbs chicken pieces and cook until chicken has turned white.
- Add 2 cans (28 oz) chicken broth and simmer semi-covered, on med-high heat approximately 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until gravy reduces by 1/3 to 1/2.
- Add 5 TBSP sour cream. Mix and cook on medium heat an additional 5-10 minutes until blended.
- Gravy will still be a bit thin. Thicken with 2 TBSP corn starch slurry in water. Cook through 3-5 minutes to desired thickness.
- Done! Serve over rice, potatoes, or spaetzel.